Supplemental health insurance can help families deal with the extra costs associated with hospital stays. Things like:
- Deductibles and co-insurance amounts
- Private room and private duty nurse fees
- Extra transportation, lodging, or meals
- Unexpected child care
Not only can the supplemental insurance help pay for things not covered by your primary health insurance policy, but it also has other advantages including:
- Coverage begins on the first day of the hospital stay; there is no deductible or waiting period,
- Covered hospital stays are payable for up to one year for the same or related condition, and
- Reimbursements are paid directly to you, unless you tell us otherwise.
*Specifically, Hospital Income, Hospital Indemnity, Hospital Confinement Indemnity Coverage, Hospital Confinement Indemnity Policy, Supplemental Hospital Indemnity policy and Daily Hospital Confinement Indemnity.